Learn how to reduce design time – SOLIDWORKS Sheet Metal tips
New SOLIDWORKS sheet metal tips from Dassault in this video; scroll and click below to follow the link. With SOLIDWORKS sheet metal, you gain the flexibility to quickly and cost-effectively create sheet metal parts using 3D design. So, this cuts down your design time, manufacturing error time, quality assurance time and much more. You can bring any SOLIDWORKS models right into the sheet metal environment for conversion, and import your own custom parameters, like bend radius, K-factor, thickness and so on.
Since many industries require a wide range of sheet metal parts to house or enclose their designs, SOLIDWORKS makes a flexible design approach possible. With SOLIDWORKS you can:
- Convert SOLIDWORKS or imported CAD models, create original parts, or design around a group of parts
- Generate Base, Edge, Miter, and Swept Flanges
- Generate bends, including Lofted Bends, Sketched Bends, and more
- Use Bend Tables for bend allowance/bend deduction
- Use Forming Tools to create features like ribs, louvers, lances, embosses, and extruded flanges
- Add weld details to sheet metal parts on models or drawings
- Automatically flatten parts to generate flat patterns for manufacturing with bend compensation
- Automatically estimate sheet metal part manufacturing cost as you design
Click here to launch the video about SOLIDWORKS Sheet Metal tips from Dassault. We invite you also to check out Video-Tutorials.Net SOLIDWORKS sheet metal design course, for a comprehensive set of video lessons about how to use this versatile and useful SOLIDWORKS module: VTN SOLIDWORKS Sheet Metal course.
Thanks! Rosanna D, VTN – for many sample videos about working with Sheet Metal, please check out my Youtube playlists at http://www.youtube.com/videotutorials2.