SOLIDWORKS 2017 Beta coming soon!
If you are a SOLIDWORKS customer, follow this link so you can get notified of when the SOLIDWORKS 2017 Beta version is coming out! There are many exciting options and contests etc in which you can participate! Here are a summary of the Beta FAQs for your reference:
How do I download the SOLIDWORKS 2017 Beta releases?
- Go to the Beta website.
- Click on ‘Login’.
- Login with your SOLIDWORKS® Customer Portal credentials.
- Read and accept the Beta Program Terms and Conditions.
- Click on ‘Download’.
- Read and accept the SOLIDWORKS® Download End User License Agreement.
- Click ‘Download’ to download the SOLIDWORKS® Beta Installation Manager.
- Run the SOLIDWORKS® Beta Installation Manager to download and install products.
Once you have a Beta release installed, you can use the SOLIDWORKS® Background Downloader to receive notifications and automatically download new Beta releases.
How do I setup the SOLIDWORKS 2017 Beta release?
- By default, the Beta installation does not overwrite or upgrade existing production installations of SOLIDWORKS® products.
- Set ALL file locations in Tools > Options to Beta-specific testing locations.
- Keep ALL Beta templates, design library data, etc. separate from your production data.
- Do NOT use SOLIDWORKS® Beta products with your production files. If you want to test your production data, make copies of that data for testing purposes.
What can I do to be an effective SOLIDWORKS 2017 Beta tester?
- Test your normal production workflows.
- Modify your normal production workflows to accommodate new functionality.
- Review the “What’s New” document (in SOLIDWORKS®, Help > What’s New) and test new functionality with newly created data or with your copied production data.
- Connect with the SOLIDWORKS® Beta community and interact with the R&D and management teams on the Beta forums.
How do I submit bugs and feedback for SOLIDWORKS 2017 Beta?
To submit bugs (option 1):
- Go to the Beta website
- Click on ‘Login’
- Login with your SOLIDWORKS® Customer Portal credentials
- Read and accept the Beta Program Terms and Conditions
- Click on ‘SUPPORT’ at the top of the page
- Click on the ‘New’ button to fill out and submit a Beta Service Request (SR)
To submit bugs (option 2):
- Run SOLIDWORKS® Rx
- Click on the ‘Problem Capture’ tab
- Complete ‘Step 1’ and ‘Step 2’
- In ‘Step 3’, choose ‘Describe the problem by submitting a service request through the customer portal. This requires an active subscription.’ and click on ‘Continue’
- A web browser opens and automatically directs you to the Beta support page. Fill out and submit a Beta Service Request (SR) form