Learn what’s new in the SOLIDWORKS interface with this release
Here’s a video to help you learn what’s new with the SOLIDWORKS interface…there is not a heck of a lot of new stuff, but the interface did get a face lift to look more slick and modern, as well as introduce some new functionality to several tools to make them easier to use. Basically Dassault has implemented some easy fixes from the user wish list, and the tools are now more effective. Check it out to learn more about what’s new in the updated SOLIDWORKS interface (2016 edition).
There are hundreds of customer-focused enhancements in SOLIDWORKS 2016, but the first thing you might notice is the new user interface (UI) that was designed with one goal in mind: to make you more productive.
The newly designed SOLIDWORKS 2016 UI offers:
- Breadcrumbs for convenient access to any model level without needing the Feature Tree
- A consistent look and feel across all SOLIDWORKS products so you can easily switch tools
- New section cuts that highlight mating issues for the control knob; and the breadcrumb tool allows fast selection of the problem mate so you can easily modify it
- The ability to easily select underlying features, such as sketches, and edit them from the cursor
- Simplified mate selections; just apply transparency to the body defined in the mate
- Auto size selection lists for immediate access to all selections
- A streamlined workflow with the confirmation toolbar at the cursor for quick modification of any level of a model
WATCH THE VIDEO and check out SOLIDWORKS 2016 today to learn how these time-saving improvements to the UI can help you focus on your design, not the design tool. SOLIDWORKS interface 2016 – learn what’s new.